Monday, March 16

October 25, 2008

***Here is the letter that was sent to family and friends upon Larry and I getting engaged.

I am getting married!

Yes, it's oh so wonderfully true! I have been dating Larry for close to a year now and our time together just continues to become more and more precious. He travels some for his job and he has been in South Africa for the last month. I was so bummed because he was arriving home on Saturday and I was in Vegas for work until Sunday. I was just dying to get home and see his face.

On Saturday night, a large group of the MBF staff went to take pictures in front of the Arc de Triomphe after dinner. I was so exhausted and just wanted to go to bed so that I could see Larry the following day. We took a series of pictures and then we were going to change angles for another photo. I turned around and thought were about to take another picture and so it was not odd that someone had their arm around me. I went to get ready to take the picture only to look to my left and see that it was LARRY with his arm around me. So. completely. shocking.

I just kept yelling, "What are you doing here?" I was so happy to see that face and beard of his! He did not immediately drop down on one knee...we went over to a tiny cafe outside the Paris hotel and the server brought out wine from South Africa (where Larry had been the last month) and as much as I love wine I was just too excited to drink it!

Larry told me the most precious things that night. And it was absolutely perfect in every single way.

I felt a peace and joy that transcends all understanding and that is what I am most grateful for. By the grace of my sweet King, He has kept me waiting (even when He knew it caused pain) for this man who loves all of me. The good and the bad. He is honorable, gentle, loyal and challenges me with his kindness and depth.

For those of you that know what a rough road the last few years have been for me...the fears of never getting married, of not being good enough to be a godly wife, of not trusting in the Lord's plan for me....thank you. I will forever be indebted to your prayers, encouragement and your ability to hold me up when I could not even lift my own head. Thank you for speaking truth when I could only see lies. And I know that Larry thanks you too. Because of you all...I am finally ready to risk myself and become his wife.

Here are a few pictures from Saturday night. There are none of the actual proposal...just the surprise of seeing him in Vegas!
http://picasaweb.google.com/courtney.michele.coker/Engagement?authkey=dtPcd5vFBms#

I wish I could call you a personally right now but hopefully I will talk to each of you very soon!

For His glory...

No comments:

Post a Comment