Friday, January 9

Coming on the Clouds Part Deux

Hi friends,

I have not written a thing over on the old blogspot for months now. I just started to feel like I was posting meaningless stuff that served no one but my own vanity. At times I had nothing to say, only wanted to be seen I suppose. And so, I stopped.

But, my hope has always been that I can share a little bit of truth from the joys and sorrows of my own life and that in those mere glimpses of life, that I might be able to provide someone, anyone, with either hope or just an ever-needed sense of commonality. Nothing about my life is so glamorous that I need to share daily snippets with you all. But, I have a life given to me by Christ, and in that I am ever changing from a dirty, rusty, old, jagged, tarnished, clanging piece of metal into a shiny, lovely piece of silver. For the Lord tests us so that we are refined like silver (Psalm 66:10).

So then, back to my hope…that through these words and life experiences, you will look deep into the “silver” and see only the face of Christ. May He beckon you always.

5 comments:

  1. ...and i get to marry this fine piece of 'almost' silver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. correction: 'almost refined' silver. She is already more silver than James Avery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney, your words echo my heart. I love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney...I LOVE it, thanks for sharing and I can't wait for more of Christ. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete